Social Media Policy Page
Ellis County Social Media Terms and Conditions
Ellis County isn’t just a government entity, but it is made up of every resident who proudly calls this County home. We believe that citizen participation and feedback play an important role in the governance of our whole community. The Ellis County social networking pages exist to provide an avenue for public information and push engagement regarding everyday life throughout the County. Not every issue facing the County will be addressed on our social networking pages. The County’s tools for communications are in compliance with the following goals:
- Constitute a sense of community
- Expand audience presence with interactive and informative content
- Increase government transparency
- Provide additional means of communication for residents
The County intends to promote a healthy social media dialogue and a respectful communication channel. The rules pertaining to external comments on any official Ellis County digital and social media pages, will help maintain an open community based forum for discussion. Our moderators use these rules to ensure that posted comments are appropriate for all readers, while upholding the respect of citizens’ opinions and point of views. Posts and comments will be moderated during regular business hours. Any public comment must adhere to the guidelines given or may be subject to removal from the page.
- Comments and posts must be civil and may not contain slanderous, libelous, malicious, offensive, threatening, profane, or insulting language.
- References to the personality of individuals or personal attacks will not be permitted.
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted.
- Comments on County posts must be within the scope of the topic under discussion.
- Comments and posts cannot include personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
- Comments and posts cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Comments and posts containing links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
- Comments and posts cannot serve electoral campaign purposes. Political messages will not be published.
- Participants are responsible for what they post. Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality, or copyright.
Official Ellis County Social Media Pages
*Any site not included in this list is not an official Ellis County social media site.*